Resurfacing Project to Begin May 13 and run through June 24. Street Closures Scheduled.
Street resurfacing is scheduled to begin on May 13 in Horseshoe Bay West. This will be a 2 DAY process for EACH PHASE. Streets will be closed on the dates shown on the map from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. The City of Horseshoe Bay has once again contracted Alpha Paving to resurface the streets using an environmentally friendly pavement sealer.
The City takes pride in maintaining your streets and highly considers the inconvenience of street closures to the public. City officials and Alpha Paving have been hand delivering these notices to residences where street closures will take place, has published this map on the website for your convenience, sent text and email notices via Notify Me, and given prior notification to the POAs, the Resort, and building contractors.
Bay West Blvd will remain open throughout all phases of resurfacing. Please follow traffic control signage and personnel to make your way through this area. Some segments of Bay West Blvd will have 2 way traffic on one side of the road.
The City asks for your cooperation and assistance in disseminating this information to your tenants, guests, and neighbors. In the past, the City has incurred costly fees due to damage of the newly resurfaced streets caused by residents or their guests who disregard barricades and drive on the fresh surface. Cooperation with the City during the Resurfacing project is critical to ensure that the highest quality product is delivered to the residents, maintaining the high quality of living in Horseshoe Bay.
The City asks that residents adhere to these few items during the resurfacing project.
- Drive slowly and expect slower moving traffic around Bay West Blvd during those phases of resurfacing. Follow traffic control signage and personnel with caution.
- TURN OFF SPRINKLERS during your street’s work days
- DO NOT PARK on your street on your scheduled dates to prevent being towed.
- DO NOT DRIVE on fresh new surface until the traffic control signs/cones are REMOVED
- Keep pets and children indoors during work days
- Encourage your neighbors to sign up for Notify Me on our website to keep up with schedule changes due to weather, or other outstanding circumstances
- Be patient and expect changes when weather events are forecasted
The City expects another successful completion of the street resurfacing project and appreciates your patience and cooperation while contract crews work to keep your streets in outstanding condition. If you have any questions, feel free to contact Public Works Director Tim Foran at firstname.lastname@example.org or 512-656-1844.