Chief of Police
The current Chief of Police is Rocky Wardlow.
The mission of the Chief of Police is to oversee the operation of the Horseshoe Bay Police Department, insure the protection of the citizens of the community, and to facilitate the enforcement of all applicable city statutes as well as state and federal laws.
Duties of the Chief
Some of those duties include:
- Investigate all criminal acts which may occur within Horseshoe Bay.
- Arrest and assist in the prosecution of all criminal offenders.
- Enforce all applicable traffic enforcement statutes and ordinances.
- Investigate all accidents occurring within the city limits.
- Provide various community related services to the citizens of the city as may be prescribed by the Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
- Prepare and administer a budget for the operation of the police department.
- Oversee the acquisition of all police related equipment, ensure the proper use of said equipment, and conduct an annual inventory of applicable items assigned to the police department.
- Supervise all police department personnel, make recommendations to the City Manager for all hiring, firing, and disciplinary issues that may arise.
- Provide statistical reports pertaining to police operations as may be requested by the Mayor, City Council, and City Manager.
- Attend all scheduled meetings of the City Council.
- Liaison with all other law enforcement, prosecutorial, and judicial branches of government.
The Chief of Police must meet all training and educational requirements as set forth by the Texas Commission on Law Enforcement (TCOLE). He / she must also be a State of Texas licensed Peace Officer and continue to maintain TCOLE annual in-service continuing education hours.